Folders can be created in many different ways, but the two simple ways that are adopted by most of the users are via the Save As dialog box or File Explorer. This blog is about to show you how to perform both effectively.+
What will you learn in this blog?
First- Steps to create a new folder while saving any document via Save As dialog box.
Second- Steps to create a new folder right before saving any document via file explorer.
Steps to create a new folder while saving any document via Save As dialog box:
- Open any of your documents.
- Then Tap on File option.
- And click on Save As.
- Now you may please select where you want to create a new folder. You might have to Computer or Browser then you will need to navigate to the location for the new folder.
- Tap on New Folder option In the Save As dialog box.
- And then you will need to type the name of your folder and press the Enter button.
Note: Slashes, semicolons, colons, dashes, or periods cannot be used in your folder name.
- Click on option Save. And now your document has been saved to the new folder.
Steps to create a new folder right before saving any document via file explorer:
- Before you begin, launch the File Explorer via one of the ways mentioned below:
- Press Windows key and E key at the same time.
- Go to the Start menu and locate File explorer.
- Now you need to tap on the folder icon appeared in the taskbar.
- If you are using Windows 8/8.1, then go to the right edge of the screen, and click on Search. If you are doing this with the mouse, then head to the upper-right side of the screen, shift the mouse pointer down, and tap on the option Search.
- Now you need to go to File Explorer in the search box and then click on File Explorer.
- Go to the direction where you want to create the new folder, and then tap on New Folder.
- Now you have to type the name of the folder and then press the enter button.
- For saving the document into a new folder, go the document and open it.
- And click on the File.
- Then go to Save As option.
- And then you will have to browse to the new folder, and just click on the Save button.