You are not able to go online because your Mac is not connecting to Wi-Fi. It is possible to fix the issue of networking on your Mac. When things are not well with your Wi-Fi, then you won’t just miss your emails but also your social networking life and binge eating while viewing Netflix. You feel like tearing your hair if your Mac has a slow internet connection. Wi-Fi connectivity on MacBook Pro can be fixed by following these simple steps-
Whenever your Wi-Fi stops working, It is basically due to these main problems-
- It is possible that your router is having a problem.
- Maybe the server of the broadband provider is down.
- The most basic one is that there may be a problem with your Wi-Fi network.
- In limited cases, the issue can be with operating system software.
Scrutinize Apple’s Software
In previous times, when users of Mac used to update their systems, they used to have encountered with Wi-fi problems. Apple has issued an update to software, but this was not an easy fix for MacBook Air owners. When this problem was reported, it was required to update Mac to a new version of macOS. Be attentive about the data allowance. You may also experience problems with Wi-Fi if you are running a beta version of macOS.
How to fix the Wi-Fi issue?
Ensure that your Wi-Fi is turned on. You will find the Wi-Fi menu on the top right screen corner. If it is turned on and is connected to WiFi network, then Wi-Fi menu will be visible bold.
Place in the Menu bar
Sometimes it is possible that your Wi-Fi button may not be displayed in the menu bar. You can place the icon on the menu bar by following this simple process:
- Go to the Apple Menu.
- Launch System Preferences.
- Tap on the network icon.
- It will show up a list of the available networks.
- Choose Wi-Fi.
- It will open up a dialogue box.
- Scroll down to the bottom.
- Tap the box adjacent to Show Wi-Fi status in menu bar.
- Tap on Apply.
- Wi-Fi icon will be shown on the menu bar now.
Choose a network
If the router is working fine and there is no issue with a broadband provider, then you will see a list of available Wi-Fi networks. Choose the appropriate network.
Enter the password
- If you have a secured Wi-Fi, then you will be asked for inserting a password.
- Enter the password in the bar.
- Tap the box beside remember this network.
- Now you will not need to put the password every time.
- Tap Ok now.
- If you have gone through the above process well but still your WiFi refuses to connect then go and Reset it.
- Tap on the system preferences.
- You shall be presented with a list of choices.
- Tap on the network for displaying the available networks.
- Tap on WiFi then go to the bottom and click on the minus sign to delete WiFi.
- Restart your computer after deleting wiFi network.
- Simply go to the system preferences.
- The clock on Plus sign.
- Select Create WiFi.
- So now you have created WiFi.
- The Wi-Fi AirPort would have restarted.
- Turn it On.
- Now your WiFi connection problem should vanish.