While updating your Windows, you can receive an error called Try that again. A message can come on the screen saying “Something went wrong. The error code is 0x80070422, in case you need it” or “Something happened, and your purchase can’t be completed. Error code is 0x80070422.” Microsoft provides a free Windows Update for Windows operating system which downloads and installs the updates in the system automatically. It includes updates for Windows, service packs and patches, etc. While updating the Windows, many users have faced this common error code 0x80070422. The error is eliminated by installing the entire Windows operating system or installation of Windows Updates. Certainly, the error is annoying, but it can be fixed with some simple steps.
Here, how to fix Windows error 0x80070422
Configure Windows Update to start manually
- When the Windows Update service is not working, then you can configure the service to start manually.
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run
- Type msc and press Enter.
- The command will open the Services Manager.
- Scroll down to Windows Update and right click on it.
- Now, select Properties.
- Click to open the drop-down menu of Startup type inside the General
- Now choose Automatic from the drop-down menu.
- Click Apply and then Ok.
- Close everything and Restart your system.
- Windows have its inbuilt troubleshooters to diagnose the problem quickly. The inbuilt troubleshooter is not capable of solving all, but it is something you can rely upon.
- To troubleshoot, go to Settings of the Windows.
- Now, type troubleshoot in the search bar.
- Select Troubleshoot from the list.
- A new tab will open displaying several services.
- Select Windows Update and click Run the troubleshooter.
- Now follow the instructions and check if error 0x80070422 is fixed.
Restarting Network List Services
- A Windows Network List service identifies, collects and stores the properties of the network. Whenever these properties changes, the service notify applications, and in case there is any problem, it helps to fix the issue.
- Some users facing the error 0x80070422, Network List Services has helped to resolve the issue, so you can try restarting Network List Services.
- Press Windows key + R and open Run
- Type msc and hit Enter.
- Now, find Network List service from the window.
- Right click on it to open a drop-down menu and select Restart from the menu.
- You can select Stop and later again right click to open the menu to select Start.
- Try to update your Windows and check whether the error code 0x80070422 persists.
Error 0x80070422 is a very common error in Windows and people are facing it during Windows Updating sessions. You might have encountered the error as well, but the steps mentioned above are helpful to resolve the issues and troubleshooting the error.
Devin Smith is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Devin has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as www.office.com/setup.